Triage Nurse - Hospice
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team where you are valued as a professional and have the opportunity to participate in the delivery of quality patient care? Our culture encourages and appreciates collaboration among team members to deliver exceptional services. Make a difference and join our wonderful, growing company and apply today!
Serenity Hospice is looking for a RN or LPN for our West Valley Triage team to provide exceptional care to our patients, families, group homes/facilities/hospitals, physicians, and prospective clients and patients. Responsible for prioritizing calls, making patient visits and managing other on-call staff to ensure nightly & weekend duties are covered. Required to provide daily morning report of night time and weekend activities and phone calls. Will need to communicate with administrator on-call any admissions and other information requiring approval while on shift. Must work with other on-call disciplines to ensure quality care and problem solving. Required to respond to calls within fifteen (10) minutes when probable and to follow up on calls once resolved to ensure no other issues or concerns have arisen. Must be able to make visits when necessary within 1 hour of call request.
This position requires you work 7 days on, 7 days off, managing all calls and patient needs (including any and all visits) outside of normal business hours.
RN's and LPN's are eligible for this position..
Skills / Requirements
- At least one year previous home health experience preferred.
- At least one year previous hospice nursing experience preferred.
- Nursing License from the Arizona Board of Nursing Required and in good standing.
- Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate respect for people, courteous behavior to fellow employees, patients, patients families, visitors and to the medical staff, and follow the core values of the organization.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidelines and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to follow regulations of Serenity Hospice & Palliative Care pertaining to job performance, behavior, dress code and patient care.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting the needs of varying situations.
- Ability to ensure that patients' rights are respected.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Short term disability, Cancer, Accidental, Hospital, etc.)
- Holiday Pay (after 90 days of employment)
- Paid Time Off (2 weeks accrued in the first year, increasing annually)
- Birthday Paid Time Off (after 1 year of employment)
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 1 year of employment)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: PHX