Patient Care Coordinator
Territory: West and Central Valley
The ideal candidate will have experience in Healthcare Marketing in the following areas: Hospice, Home health, private duty, placement, LPN, MA.
We are currently looking for a Patient Care Coordinator (field position) to joing our Palliative Care team. Searching for a candidate who can match our sense of client and patient commitment. Come join a company that makes a difference and help us grow.
In this position, candidate will frequently have direct interactions with patients and families, including providing education about Serenity's Palliative Services. Responsible for generating Palliative Care patient referrals/admissions from customers while continuing to grow the number of referrals/admissions. Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional relationships with all referral sources which may include various community partners and entities. Responsible for creating a market presence, represent Serenity Hospice and it's Palliative Care services in a competent professional and responsive manner, meet and exceed growth targets, and manage marketing budget. Responsible for interacting with Serenity Hospice staff to ensure cohesion of services and quality. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prospect, develop strong relationships and close business.
Skills / Requirements
Must have experience in healthcare field.
Associate's degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for people, courteous behavior to fellow employees, patients, patients families, visitors and to the medical staff, and follow the core values of the organization.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidelines and work cooperatively with others.
- A warm and welcoming personality that encourages relationship building
- Professional creative problem solving attitude and strong presentation skills
- Proven track record of closing new business and maintaining current business
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented, extremely motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to follow regulations of Serenity Hospice & Palliative Care pertaining to job performance, behavior, dress code and patient care.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting the needs of varying situations.
- Ability to ensure that patients' rights are respected and HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Experience in healthcare is a must.
Job Status: Full Time