Candidate must be a Registered Nurse to be considered for this position.
Schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Will be included in on-call rotation for company.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership and counsel to the patient care staff.
- Assures compliance with regulations and policies to provide a safe and conducive work environment.
- Interviews, hires, and participates in training of patient care staff. Completes employee evaluations. Communications with Patient Care Managers to schedule staff visits and monitors daily itineraries of nursing staff. Approves itineraries and expense reports.
- Coordinates clinical admission/assessment process with staff.
- Participates in daily stand-up meeting.
- Oversees the maintenance and protection of medical records and assures the accuracy, completeness, and compliance of the medical records.
- Assures all paperwork/documentation are completed and submitted in a timely manner according to policy.
- Participates in preparation/presentation of in-services to team members, nursing facilities, physicians, and community resources.
- Serves as a resource to staff and is attentive to the needs of Serenity Hospice and the staff in order to set the tone of the work environment.
- Attends applicable in-services and seminars to maintain current knowledge of hospice practices.
- Participate in on-call schedule and may be required to do patient visits as necessary to keep the organization operating smoothly.
- Observes administrative on-call policies and procedures. Responds to patient/family request to provide care and covered services on a 24-hour basis.
Teamwork and patient care are our number one priorities. If you are interested in joining a wonderful, growing company, please apply today!
Skills / Requirements
- Two years of clinical management required.
- Two years experience in hospice required
- BSN degree preferred, at least an ANS degree required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state Serenity Hospice operates. and license in good standing.
Skills / Abilities:
Ability to demonstrate respect for people, courteous behavior to fellow employees, patients, patients families, visitors and to the medical staff, and follow the core values of the organization. Ability to accept supervision and guidelines and work cooperatively with others. Ability to follow regulations of Serenity Hospice & Palliative Care pertaining to job performance, behavior, dress code and patient care. Ability to be flexible in meeting the needs of varying situations. Ability to ensure that patients' rights are respected. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Short term disability, Cancer, Accidental, Hospital, etc.)
- Holiday Pay (after 90 days of employment)
- Paid Time Off (accrual amount increases annually)
- Birthday Paid Time Off (after 1 year of employment)
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 1 year of employment)
Job Status: Full Time