Associate Medical Director
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team where you are valued as a professional and have the opportunity to participate in the delivery of quality patient care?
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for providing clinical leadership and medical expertise within the hospice and palliative care team to improve patient care throughout the service area for patient with complex illness and patient approaching end-of-life illnesses. The Associate Medical Director will assist in directing and supervising the clinical operations, and hereby assumes responsibility for the medical component of their assigned patients care within the program, as required by the Medicare Conditions of Participation for hospice care.
- Evaluating the standards and overall quality of the hospice care services rendered to patients.
- Review incidents, accidents, and hazards that may affect hospice’s clinical operations and the quality of hospice care.
- Attend and participate in scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings for active cases from time to time.
- Review clinical activities as requested, to help ensure that the work of such physician and non-physician personnel is satisfactorily performed.
- Coordinate and participate in quality assurance activities to ensure the adequacy and safety of services rendered.
- Provide consultation concerning the delivery of hospice care services and assist in obtaining other professional consultation as may be reasonably needed from time to time.
- Participate in assisting the selection of and delivering educational programs.
- Be responsible for the provision of medical services to patients who elect hospices services.
- Be available to provide on-call medical coverage after-hours if necessary.
Our culture encourages and appreciates collaboration among team members to deliver exceptional services. If you are interested in making a difference by joining a wonderful, growing company, please apply today!
Join Serenity Hospice and make a difference in the community, offering the best service Hospice and Palliative Care has to offer.
Skills / Requirements
- At least three years of clinical experience required.
- Two years’ experience in hospice, home health, long-term care, or geriatrics preferred.
1. Hold and maintain a currently valid and unlimited license to practice medicine in the State of Arizona
2. Maintain appropriate board-certification or board eligibility
3. Hold and maintain a valid DEA registration number.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for people, courteous behavior to fellow employees, patients, patients families, visitors and to the medical staff, and follow the core values of the organization.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidelines and work cooperatively with others.
- A warm and welcoming personality that encourages relationship building
- Professional creative problem solving attitude and strong presentation skills
- Proven track record of closing new business and maintaining current business
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented, extremely motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to follow regulations of Serenity Hospice & Palliative Care pertaining to job performance, behavior, dress code and patient care.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting the needs of varying situations.
- Ability to ensure that patients' rights are respected and HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Job Status: Part Time